Press release: 2014 Toronto Theatre Critics' Awards announced
We are pleased to announce the winners of the fourth annual edition of the Toronto Theatre Critics' Awards.
The TTCAs were established in 2011 to honour the best in Toronto theatre. This year, they were decided upon by critics representing The Globe and Mail (J. Kelly Nestruck), The Grid (Martin Morrow), National Post (Robert Cushman), NOW Magazine (Glenn Sumi) and Toronto Star (Richard Ouzounian).
Productions that opened from June 2013 to May 16, 2014 were eligible for consideration. In addition, theTTCA voters decided to give a special citation to VideoCabaret. The TTCAs will be given out at the Spoke Club on June 2. See below for the full list of winners.
Best Canadian Play
- Needles and Opium, Robert Lepage
Best International Play
- Passion Play, Sarah Ruhl
Best Production of a Play
- Tie: Lungs (Tarragon Theatre)/Angels in America (Soulpepper)
Best Director of a Play
- Albert Schultz, Of Human Bondage (Soulpepper)
Best Actor in a Play
- Damien Atkins, Angels in America (Soulpepper)
Best Actress in a Play
- Carly Street, Venus in Fur (Canadian Stage)
Best Supporting Actor in a Play
- Ian D Clark, Cock (Studio 180)
Best Supporting Actress in a Play
- Nancy Palk, Angels in America (Soulpepper)
- Lorenzo Savoini (sets and lighting), Erika Connor (costumes) and Mike Ross (sound), Of Human Bondage (Soulpepper).
Best Production of a Musical
- London Road (Canadian Stage)
Best Director of a Musical
- Jackie Maxwell, London Road (Canadian Stage)
Best Actor in a Musical
- Ramin Karimloo, Les Miserables (Mirvish Productions)
Best Actress in a Musical
- Chilina Kennedy, The Little Mermaid (Ross Petty Productions)
Best Supporting Actor in a Musical
- James Monroe Iglehart, Aladdin (Mirvish Productions)
Best Supporting Actress in a Musical
- Lana Carillo, The Little Mermaid (Ross Petty Productions)
- VideoCabaret, for its outstanding body of work.
Post a Comment
Comments are moderated. Please read our guidelines for posting comments.