Thursday, June 7, 2012

Blog: Theatre Night Fever

Something I wrote when I walked back home last...
by Howard Dai


The crowd dispersed
As the light dims in the theatre,
The chairs and stands were being taken away rapidly,
So were the goddamn risers that left me a unpleasant, bloody memory last band concert.


I wandered away from the theatre
On the briefly lit sidewalk,
And noticed the unusual quiet traffic.
The music blasted in my ear from the dollar store's earbuds
Seemed to be hiding something that I secretly wanted people to know.

At the end of the day,
All the chaos felt as if it was an illusion.
The stage was again broad and empty,
Awaits for a new challenge;
And new faces to be lit,
Under its bright spotlights.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated. Please read our guidelines for posting comments.