Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Review: (Montreal) Mr P (Fringe)

Be careful what you wish for
by Estelle Rosen
@estellemontreal

Having seen and loved Belzébrute Productions' creative presentation of Manga, the second in their trilogy of vengeance, I was very curious about their new show, Mr P.  I wasn't disappointed.

When we meet Mr P he's a singer in a bar wishing to be a star. We're treated to a jukebox type assortment of famous singers running the gamut from  Elvis and Michael Jackson to Céline Dion, hilariously performed by Mr P.  Did I mention Mr P is a potato head puppet!   I'm not a big fan of puppets but the singing, dancing potato head puppet won me over. He was charming, touching and funny.

New York does indeed eventually beckon... I don't want to give anything away so I won't reveal the rest of the story. 

Go see it. 

Mr P is at the Montreal Fringe

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated. Please read our guidelines for posting comments.